Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome Keira












Although it has been 3 1/2 weeks since Keira was born, I would still like to start off by saying welcome to our family. Keira was born on April 13th, 2011 at 11:04 am. She weighed 7lb 15oz and was 21 inches long. We had decided to do an induction a week early and I am so glad we did considering her weight. I was in labor for 3 hours... it went by extremely fast. She also came out with a full head of long, dark hair. I am hoping she keeps it because it is so cute!!


Lexi was so excited to see her little sister. She knew immediately that it was her baby Keira and has been the greatest big sister. Lexi surprised me with how well she has adjusted to a new baby at home. I thought she would be jealous and we would have some major meltdowns but she loves having a baby sister. When I ask her who Keira's mom is she says "Lexi". haha

The past 3 weeks have gone by so fast! Keira is gaining weight like a pro! I think she is going to be like her big sister and be a chunky baby =). I must say the second baby is so much easier than the first. I am just hoping she starts sleeping a little better at night. But we have made some vast improvements since the first couple of nights at home. Keira has only recently learned to cry when she wants something. Most of her communication is done in the form of grunts (sometimes making her sound like a little goat). She has several different grunts in which I can usually understand what she wants. Unfortunately I haven't figured out the cries yet... like I said she just started to do that and usually only after she has grunted for a while and hasn't received what she wants.

Below are pictures taken at the hospital when she was a day old. We have family pictures scheduled in a little over a week. I am so excited to get them done!














No comments:

Post a Comment